Ms Amna Khalid - 1K
Ms Roona Chowdhury - 1C
PE lessons will be every Monday and Friday.
Book bags will be changed every Tuesday and Friday.
The first half term of Year 1 and we have plenty to learn and discover! We will take on the roles of being ‘Intrepid Explorers’ to find out about many things including the weather, plants, the four seasons, materials and so much more!
We will be looking at traditional tales and cover the following:
- Story settings
- Character Description
- Structure of a story
- Adapting a traditional tale
- Roleplaying in character
This term we will be learning about:
- Number and place value
Our topic this half tem is ‘plants.’ We will be planning investigations, carrying out the investigation and complete active fieldwork to help find answers to many questions we have!!
- Plant hunt identifying local plants
- Plant sorting depending on shapes of leaves
- Growing beans and keeping a log/pictures
As ‘Intrepid Explorers’ we will be exploring our local area through the following:
- Going for a walk around the local area
- Drawing maps of our local area
- Seeing how the local area has changed.
- Making a 3d map of the local area.
Our curriculum overviews gives you an idea of which topic your child will be studying at which point during the school year.
Year 1 Links