Ms Hannah Say (5S)
Ms Jennifer Roberts and Ms Suhena Islam (5IR)
What We Are Learning
- Number & Place Value
- Addition & Subtraction
- Multiplication & Division
- Four Operations
- Measurement: Time
- Fractions, Decimals & Percentages
- Geometry: Properties of shapes
- Measurement: Length & Mass
- Measurement: Volume & Capacity
- Four Operations in the context of volume, capacity, length & mass
Autumn 1: Narrative - stories from other cultures
- Develop atmosphere
- Paragraphing for purpose and effect
- Opening, problem, build-up, climax, resolution
- Adding depth to the character description
- Varied sentence structure and length
- Dialogue move the action on
- Develop different opening/ending for effect
- Descriptive language: similes and metaphors
Autumn 2: Newspaper report
- Who, what, when, where, why
- Factual statements vs opinions (authorial intent)
- Rhetorical questions
- Powerful closing statement
- Reported speech
- Present and past tense used appropriately
- Text layout
- 3rd person
Autumn 1: Living Things and Their Habitats
- Describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- Describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals
Autumn 2: Animals Including Humans
- Describe the changes as humans develop to old age
- Report finding from enquires and provide explanations of results.
- Record data and results using a variety of models.
- Create a Prezi/Google Slides/PowerPoint presentation and present to the class.
- Research drought and create a persuasive blogpost for your class page/school website.
Fridays and swimming on Wednesdays.
Remember to bring book bags to school everyday. We will change them on Mondays.
Week beginning 9th October
Week beginning 2nd October
Week beginning 25th September
Week beginning 18th September
Week beginning 11th September
Our curriculum overviews gives you an idea of which topic your child will be studying at which point during the school year.
5IR’s Ancient Greece Assembly
Here's the script for 5IR’s Ancient Greece Assembly:
5IR’s Canada Assembly
Here's the script for 5IR’s Canada Assembly:
Year 5 Highlights
Year 5 Links
Crime and Punishment