Ms A Begum 1B
Ms S Maciver 1M
Upcoming Year 1 Events
01/07 09:30 Nursery (AM), Year 1 and 2 Sports Day
Year 1 Achievers
We are so proud of you!
Please bring in your bookbag everyday.
- Listen to your child read daily, 15 minutes or more.
- Encourage children to ask questions and retell the story.
- Comment in their reading record diary.
- Children will have 1 reading level book and one phonics level book per week.
Friday both classes.
Children should bring in water bottles. Fruit juice, flavoured water and squash are not allowed. The bottles should be made from plastic not glass.
Please ensure that your child had eaten before coming to school as it can affect their focus and concentration.
Summer Term in Year 1
This term in Year 1 we are going to be learning about the following.
- Zones of regulation and calming techniques.
- Celebrating friendships and families
- Celebrating differences
- Solving conflicts and team building
- Descriptive writing
- Developing our understanding of sentence structures.
- Place value
- The everyday use of materials
- Seasonal changes
- Free standing structures. Making a chair for a bear.
- Textiles of China