Sebright are now an ambassador school for the Tate!
Year 3 are involved in a project at the Tate involving award winning artist Steve McQueen. His intention is to capture tens of thousands of Year 3 school children in a milestone year in their development, creating an epic picture of the city’s present and an intimation of its future. Watch the video in the link below to learn all about it.
Ms Chowdhury- 3C
Ms Khanom- 3K
PE will be on Wednesday and Friday.
Book bags will be changed every Monday but need to be brought in everyday.
Our topic for this autumn term is ‘INTREPID EXPLORERS’. We are going to find things out, discover, experiment, create, build, and design and so much more! We will use our daily lessons to look at this further.
For the first half of the term we will look at narratives- stories from other cultures. This will include:
- Character description
- Beginning, middle, end
- Descriptive language
The second half term will involve report writing looking at:
As well as all this we will continue to look at building and making a range of sentences, spelling and grammar.
For the first half of the term we will look at Number. This includes:
- Number and Place value
For the second half of the term we will look at Measures and Geometry including:
- Measures: Money
- Addition & Subtraction in the context of money
- Measures: Length
- Addition & Subtraction in the context of length
- Geometry: Properties of shapes
Our topic this first term is ‘Plants’ we will;
- Identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants
- Classify and categorise plants including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- Identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees.
- To plant and care for a bean.
- To observe changes in plant growth over time
For the second part of the term we will look at ‘Animals including humans.’ We will;
- Identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition.
- Investigate whether humans can make their own food.
- Identify how humans get their own nutrition.
- Identify that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement.
As ‘explorers’ our topic will be ‘Intrepid Explorers’ this will involve;
For the second part of the term we will look continue to learn about rainforests at the impact of humans on the environment. We will also investigate fair trade.
Our curriculum overviews gives you an idea of which topic your child will be studying at which point during the school year.
Year 3 Links