While we are learning remotely, you can access all school work for your year group and interact with your teachers via classroom.google.com. Please watch these videos to help you with Google Classrooms and if you have any remaining questions then email email@example.com.
Time to Talk
Sebright Wellbeing team are here to listen!
"Everyone is so busy. I’m finding things difficult."
"I am a bit sad and I’m not sure why?!"
If you fill out the form we will call you back for a chat! Check your Google Classroom for more information.
Welcome to Year 2!
We're looking forward to an amazing year of learning together.
Ms R Chowdhury (Class 2C)
Ms S Cosovic (Class 2COS)
Please bring in Book Bags every day.
- Listen to your child read daily, 15 minutes or more.
- Encourage children to answer questions and make some inferences.
- Comment in the reading record diary.
- Children will have one levelled book and one free choice book per week.
2 C - Monday and Wednesday
2 COS – Tuesday and Friday
Children should bring in water bottles with water. Fruit juices and squash are not allowed. Water bottles also need to be made from plastic and not glass and they are clearly labelled.
are, your, love, they, put
Please ensure your child has breakfast before coming to school as it can affect their focus and concentration.
Number – Place Value
Number – Addition and Subtraction
Number – Multiplication and Division
Long Burst: Narrative - traditional tales
Texts: Greta and the Giants, Bob the Man on the Moon.
- descriptive language
- third person
- first person
- past tense
- consistent use of past and present tense
- expanded noun phrases for description
- possessive apostrophe
- contracting apostrophe
- simple and compound sentences
capital letters, full stops, question mark, commas
What makes a great explorer (History)
- Comparison between past and present
- Chronological order of events
- Significant people in our past and present
Science - Living things and Their Habitat
- Recognise the characteristics of living things
- Understand what a habitat is
- Recognise how an animal is suited to their natural habitat
JIGSAW - Marking Anti-Bullying Week
- Celebrating friendships
- Celebrating differences
- Conflict solving