Time to Talk
Sebright Wellbeing team are here to listen!
"Everyone is so busy. I’m finding things difficult."
"I am a bit sad and I’m not sure why?!"
If you fill out the form we will call you back for a chat! Check your Google Classroom for more information.
Ms R Chowdhury (Class 2C)
Ms S Cosovic (Class 2COS)
Please bring in Book Bags every day.
- Listen to your child read daily, 15 minutes or more.
- Encourage children to answer questions and make some inferences.
- Comment in the reading record diary.
- Children will have one levelled book and one free choice book per week.
2 C - Tuesday and Wednesday
2 COS – Tuesday and Wednesday
Children should bring in water bottles with water. Fruit juices and squash are not allowed. Water bottles also need to be made from plastic and not glass and they are clearly labelled.
Weekly spellings will be sent home every Friday. Please practise these with your child at home. A weekly spelling test will take place the following Friday.
Please ensure your child has breakfast before coming to school as it can affect their focus and concentration.
This term, we are identifying fractions of a number or a shape, and understanding that all parts must be equal parts of the whole. Later on, we will be using different coins to make the same amount. Finally, we will practice reading the time on a clock to the nearest 15 minutes
This half term we are learning a range of things in Literacy including:
- consistent use of past and present tense
- expanded noun phrases for description
- possessive apostrophe
- contracting apostrophe
- simple and compound sentences
Capital letters, full stops, question mark, commas
Wheels and axles (DT)
- Finding out how cars work
- Designing our own cars
- Making models of cars using car kits.
Science - Our Environment
- Recognise the effects of pollution
- Understand how to help our planet
- Recognise the effects of reusing, reducing and recycling
JIGSAW - Relationships
- Celebrating friendships
- Celebrating families
- Celebrating differences
- Solving conflict